Civil war is on everyone's lips now that a usurper has seized the Yamato throne and seeks to conquer all before him. With a world thrust into turmoil and chaos, you can bet that plenty of scores will be settled on the battlefield.
So what's different about the battle system in Mask of Truth? First, there's going to be a lot more battles. Nations and generals will be scrambling to either join the Yamato Empire or resist its iron grasp, so expect a fight to break out at any moment. The familiar faces you'll be guiding are now seasoned adventurers, so they've definitely learned a thing or two about combat. Extended Action Chains, a higher-level cap, and the introduction of Co-op Final and Co-op Chain attacks add a new layer of strategy to the turn-based battles. Plan everything right and you'll be using devastating offensive attacks to wipe the floor with your enemies in no time.
Need more practice? No worries! New game modes featuring training exercises can expand your tactical skill set in a jiffy. Gain experience and BP with the Red vs. White mock battle mode or test your military aptitude through various tough challenges in Munechika's Trials mode.
- An Epic Scope – Mask of Truth is an 80+ hours long experience that features more fascinating characters, dastardly creatures, exotic locales, and important battles than ever before!
- A Story at Its End – The rich Utawarerumono visual novel tradition continues in Mask of Truth. The landscape has changed and there are new nations, people, and truths to discover during this uncertain time. The dramatic events of Mask of Deception have set up the story for a climactic and thrilling conclusion in Mask of Truth.
- Enhanced SRPG Battle Mechanics – Since war is on everyone’s agenda, expect plenty more battles to partake in. Turn-based tactics make a return and an updated battle system make fights both strategic and fast paced! Utilise new extended Action Chains, a higher-level cap, and more to gain the upper hand on the battlefield. Additionally, certain characters can team up and dish out some devastating offence with Co-op Final and Co-op Chain attacks. Oh, there’s also now a Mock Battle mode that can be used to practice new combat tactics and gain EXP/BP.
- A Fantastical Atmosphere – The gorgeous art style, beautifully rendered cut scenes, and rousing score (recorded and remastered at the legendary Abbey Road Studios and East West Studios) make a return. Dive into a magical storybook that comes alive before your very eyes!
- Languages: English text and Japanese voice only
- Players: Single player