Shovel Knight is a sweeping classic action adventure game with awesome gameplay, memorable characters, and an 8-bit retro aesthetic. It's a hot mashup of new and old! You play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small knight with a huge quest. Shovel Knight has come to this land with two goals: to defeat the evil Enchantress and quest for his lost beloved. He wields a Shovel Blade: a multipurpose weapon whose techniques have now been lost to the ages. Always honest and helpful, Shovel Knight is a shining example of the code of Shovelry: Slash Mercilessly and Dig Tirelessly!
But, between Shovel Knight and his beloved stands a cadre of villainous knights. These terrible foes, known as The Order of No Quarter, have been dispatched to prevent Shovel Knight from reaching the Enchantress, and will pursue their mission at any cost.
If you love games with perfect platforming, beautiful art, infectious music, crazy bosses, humor and levity, and real heart… Shovel Knight is for you!
- 8-Bit Powered Up!
- Shovel Knight’s beautifully authentic style bridges the gap between yesterday and today. Design, art, and audio hearken back to the days of 8-bit.
- The tech of today also give Shovel Knight modern touches: detailed animation, multilayered parallax backgrounds, and evolved game design.
- Amazing soundtrack from Jake Kaufman and Manami Matsumae, best known for scoring the original Mega Man.
- Crazy bosses and lovable characters showcase a light touch to narrative with humor and levity.
- Focused on Fun!
- Balanced gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers, and an old embrace for experts.
- Flip enemies! Leap over gaps! Duel with foes! Dig up treasure! Find secrets! Upgrade! Shovel Knight is simple to learn and play, but challenge lies everywhere.
- Perfect your platforming skills as you take down each of the Knights of the Order of No Quarter.
- Collect Relics and upgrades to enhance your shoveling skills!
- Overworld Map allows your quest unfold in a unique order!