Le Tour de France, the iconic and most popular cycling race in the world, will get a fully upgraded video game in 2019. Cyanide Studio, which has held the licence for over 15 years, has introduced more innovations and will release an enhanced game with a new Online Mode that will appeal to a wider audience.
The game will continue to provide all the official content of the Tour de France, including teams, cyclists, the same new stages as the real-world race and official sponsors. But more than just an update to the previous game, the studio has integrated many community requests and extended the scope of the experience.
- Online Multiplayer: online competitions are now available. Two to four players can challenge themselves in a variety of races
- New challenges: Sprints – After Descent, players can challenge each other in the Sprint mode
- New race: One of the oldest cycling races, Le Tour des Flandres, is now in the game
- New Tour de France landmarks: all the 21 stages have been faithfully reproduced, so players can ride from Belgium to the South of France and finish the race on the Champs-Elysées!
- New World Championship: players can lead their national team and race for victory as team manager or team leader
- More realistic AI: each cyclist now has specific behaviours and acts like a real-life competitor
- New home menu: more user-friendly with easier Save management