Kirby and the Rainbow paintbrush is an Action Platformer that's easy to play using the Wii U GamePad and stylus – and you'll control Kirby using just the stylus!
Dream Land has been drained of all its colour and Kirby needs to bring them back by traversing across seven different clay planets, defeating enemies and solving puzzles along the way.
Featuring a unique control method and a visually striking world inhabited by quirky characters made entirely out of clay, Kirby’s eagerly awaited first Wii U adventure, Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, includes multiplayer support whereby three friends can hop in and out at any time to assist Kirby, using Wii Remote controllers to play as Waddle Dees.
- Draw rainbow lines on the Gamepad. Make loops, launch Kirby into the air, or protect him from obstacles and enemies. Get creative and see what you and your rainbow lines can do as you navigate Kirby through seven big levels.
- The intuitive drawing mechanic is a spiritual successor to Kirby: Power Paintbrush for Nintendo DS that builds on the game play and takes it in a new direction.
- There are tons of items and treasures just waiting to be found on every clay-filled stage. Keep your eyes open and lead Kirby to the prize.
- A new four-player multiplayer mode lets one player play as Kirby while the others control a trio of Waddle Dee characters that can collect items or carry Kirby around. Therefore, players can co-operate by allowing a player who has a Wii U GamePad to concentrate on drawing a rainbow line.
- In terms of amiibo functionality, the Kirby, King Dedede and Meta Knight amiibo can each be used once a day, per stage, to power up Kirby with special abilities.