The legendary Warriors return with new characters, new stories and new gameplay in Dynasty Warriors 8 for PlayStation 4.
Dynasty Warriors 8 will return you to the kingdoms of Wei, Wu, Shu and Jin. Once again, you'll control the actions of historical military and political figures of the period as they battle for control over the Three Kingdoms of China.
Dynasty Warriors 8 adds even more ways to re-live and re-write history, offering up a number of replay elements including multiple endings and extra game modes with increased interaction between action and game systems.
On top of this, there are new enhancements to Story mode, new scenarios, new and returning characters and more, adding up to the most complete Warriors experience to date, ideally for fans and newcomers alike!
Take to the battlefield with the greatest warriors in history and carve your path to glory!
Key Features of Dynasty Warriors 8 on PlayStation 4:
- Story mode - Featuring new episodes and characters, Story mode takes a deeper look at the drama as it unfolds in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
- New Scenarios - DW8 features all-new ‘What if?’ scenarios. Breaking away from historical fact, this mode takes a look at what could have happened if famous characters had lived to fight another day. Allowing the story to branch out into different directions, giving players the power to play an alternative history based on their choices.
- New and returning characters - DW8 offers over 70 playable characters, with returning fan-favorites and new members to the series – including the highly anticipated officers Yue Jin and Li Dian from the Wei Kingdom.
- A New Landscape - Taking further inspiration from the landscape of ancient China, Omega Force gives a stronger emphasis to the setting of these epic battles. 40 new stages have been created, with verdant plains, sharp ravines, desolate wastelands and towering castles just the start of the breathtaking settings!
- Co-op play - DW8 will offer co-operative play both offline and online!
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends
Will include new episodes that add to the story of the three kingdoms the game revolves around, focusing on the exploits of the mightiest of warriors, Lu Bu. Additionally DW8XL will see the introduction of 5 new characters, giving players the option to choose between 82 warriors in total.
Xtreme Legends will also feature multiple hypothetical scenarios that alter the plotlines of various episodes throughout the ‘Romance of the Three Kingdoms story’, an expanded Ambition Mode and the popular Challenge Mode. The Free Mode has also been significantly enhanced, featuring among other things, the Xtreme Legends ‘Ultimate’ difficulty level.