Restricted 16, Violence & offensive language.
Bayonetta Makes Her Return
In this climactic sequel to the critically acclaimed BAYONETTA action game, players will be on the edge of their seats from start to finish. Brimming with epic, gorgeous cut scenes and battles that are more exhilarating than ever, this game never lets up on the action. Fight on top of a jet as it soars through a downtown city. Duke it out against a giant angel, who bears a whip for an arm, on top of a speeding train. And take to the skies in a fight against a demonic monster while ascending to the top of a skyscraper.
Bayonetta 2 Features:
- Armed with new weapons and abilities, Bayonetta has her enemies baffled by her new moves and torture attacks. In exchange for magic points, she can unleash a new ability called Umbra Climax to summon demonic monsters and deliver mighty attacks repeatedly.
- Choose between Normal and Touch play styles. The Normal Mode represents the technical control scheme unique to BAYONETTA, an acclaimed control scheme that fans of the previous game love and all action game fans will enjoy. The Touch Mode, on the other hand, offers a more convenient play style for those unfamiliar with action games or simply looking for a new spin on action. Players can use the Wii U GamePad controller’s touch screen controls to easily manipulate Bayonetta as she moves, attacks and evades enemies.
- Bayonetta’s longtime friend and fellow Umbra Witch, Jeanne, appears in the game (as a non-playable character) to assist Bayonetta in performing combination attacks and in doling out intense punishment against enemies.
- Take the action off the big screen and enjoy off-TV play using the Wii U GamePad controller.
Bayonetta 2 also includes the original Bayonetta game making this the complete Bayonetta experience!
Truly Be-Witching! Bayonetta's an ancient witch with kick-ass powers, a skintight catsuit and guns in the heels of her shoes. From the twisted mind who created Devil May Cry and Resident Evil comes an all-out, over-the-top action game fusing balletic grace, outrageous visuals and non-stop mayhem together beautifully.
Bayonetta scored a very rare perfect 40 in Japan's influential Famitsu magazine – a feat few games manage. Now Bayonetta's here to kick cherubic backside with the same perfect mix of ludicrously over-the-top combos and finishing moves, free-flowing combat and quirky, tongue-in-cheek sass.
Get ready for a wild, weird and wicked witchy ride…
Groundbreaking Gameplay - Bayonetta, is all about action. From the controls to the finishing moves, Bayonetta is positioned to be about pure action gameplay
- Hair - Her hair serves as the basis of her costume and also her attacks and powers. These manifest in different ways:
- Wicket Weave attacks - By pulling off the right combos (illustrated by the loading screens), you'll summon large demon fists and feet to punctuate the combos. Great for fighting bosses and large groups of enemies.
- Torture Attacks - Unleash gruesome devices such as the Iron Maiden, Guillotine and more to finish off enemies and send them to hell by charging your Magic gauge.
- Climax attacks - To eliminate the upper ranks of her foes, Bayonetta’s hair serves as a magical conduit to summon demonic beasts.
- Upgradeable weapons - In addition to her four enchanted guns called Scarborough Fair, she can unlock an array of weapons from shotguns, bazookas and fiery claws.
- Enemy weapons - Bayonetta can also battle with a variety of other weapons retrieved from fallen enemies.
- Beast Within - Bayonetta calls upon primal forces, transforming into various beasts (Panthers, etc.) according to the situation.