Release Date: Date to be confirmed
The newest instalment in the popular action RPG series from Capcom is making its way to the west this winter. The new Style system and Hunter Arts create the most customisable Monster Hunter experience yet, while players will now have the option to play as a Felyne for the first time ever. The game will feature a special collaboration armour set based on Marth from the Fire Emblem series, while anyone who plays Monster Hunter Generations on a Nintendo 3DS system with Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate save data will unlock bonus content in the new game.
Monster Hunter Generations introduces new gameplay mechanics including Styles and Hunter Arts that can further refine a very personalized playstyle. Mount monsters from mid-air using the Aerial style or make the most out of the advantageous Hunter Arts abilities with the Striker style. Hunter Arts are visually striking, indispensable combat skills and power-ups that hunters using any style or weapon can equip.
Along the hunter’s journey, players must defend each of the game’s four villages from new major threats—the Fated Four. With hundreds of quests in store, there are tons of challenges to tackle in a solo adventure, and also via local or online play with up to three other hunters.
- Co-op online multiplayer – For some of the best online multiplayer the Nintendo 3DS has to offer, join up and hunt online with up to three other hunters, or meet-up and play together via local play.
- Most customizable yet – Players can create the most custom, personalized playstyle of any Monster Huntergame. Choose from four Styles and many powerful, visually striking Hunter Arts for a truly customized gameplay experience.
- “Style” system – New to this installment, players can choose from four distinct combat Styles, offering new ways to utilize each of the 14 weapon types.
- Striking “Hunter Arts” – Combat looks even more impressive with the addition of these devastating attacks, indispensable field skills and power-ups.
- 14 weapon types – Experiment with and master 14 different weapon types and craft tons of unique equipment. Players are never cemented into any combat choices such as weapons or style and are encouraged to experiment with and find builds that best fit their desired hunting preferences.
- Gear crafting – Fell massive beasts to obtain resources for crafting countless weapons -and armor fashioned after the game’s colossal creatures. Study the enemy’s habits and tactics to discover weak points or parts that can be broken for bonus rewards.
- Fresh challenges and returning favorites – Face a roster of brand new monsters like Glavenus of the Fated Four in addition to plenty of returning fan-favorites like the sly Nargacuga as a tribute to the last decade of Monster Hunter.
- The Fated Four – Brand new monsters posing major threats to the local villagers of areas like the snowy mountain town of Pokke Village.